This month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and everyone at Lone Star Valet is doing their part to raise awareness, as well.
Three Things to Know about Breast Cancer:
1. All women can get breast cancer- even those without a family history of the disease.
2. The two most important risk factors for breast cancer are being a woman and growing older.
3. Women diagnosed with breast cancer early, when the cancer is small and has not spread, have a high chance of surviving it. Getting a mammogram is the best thing you can do to help find breast cancer early.
Three Things Lone Star Valet is doing to raise awareness about Breast Cancer:
1. We send out an e-newsletter, blog, and Facebook posts to our followers. The more women that see it, the better!
2. Our curbside ambassadors wear pink wristbands and towels in the month of October. Our corporate staff is allowed to wear pink in the office, too!
3. A portion of our profits for the month of October is donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which helps to defeat breast cancer by funding 166 medical research grants worldwide.
So ladies, get your mammograms! And men, encourage your wives, mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, cousins, girlfriends, and friends to do the same.